Help / FAQ
rOtring is doing its best for customers to enjoy their online experience. Should you however have a question about anything related to our brand, website, products or shopping experience please check our Frequently Asked Questions below or Contact Us.
About the rOtring eshop
My Eshop account
- Are there any benefits to having an account with rOtring?
Your account on the rOtring website will enable you to store all of your order history and proceed to faster checkouts. If you have subscribed to our mailing list, you will receive all of our latest news and offers.
- My email address has changed. How do I update this information to my current account?
Simply log in to your account where you will be able to change all of your personal details.
- How do I know it is safe to shop with you?
Consumers' safety is extremely important to rOtring. We use on our website all the necessary measures to keep your personal data and credit card information protected from unauthorized access.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
At the moment, we only accept credit card payments such as the Visa Cards and the Mastercards.
- What credit cards do you accept?
We accept international credit cards. The credit cards we accept are Visa and Mastercard, which include Maestro and CB among others.
- Is it safe to use my credit card on your site?
Yes! Consumers' safety is extremely important to rOtring. We use on our website all the necessary measures to keep your personal data and credit card information protected from unauthorized access.
- Do you charge sales tax on your products?
UrOtring is required by law to collect sales tax on orders shipped across Europe. For other destinations outside Europe, the product and shipping costs do not include Customs Duty or VAT charges if applicable. Outside Europe, you may have to pay these taxes upon receipt.
- Why can my payment fail? What can I do if my payment has failed?
To protect your security and privacy, your bank cannot provide rOtring with information about why your payment was denied. Because of this, you most likely need to contact your bank directly to solve most payment issues.
For your information and with no guarantee that you are in such a case, here is the list of the most frequent causes for payment failure:
- Your credit card information is misspelled: name and/or code.You’ve reached your credit card limit.Your bank is unavailable.The bank denied the transaction
- You’ve reached your credit card limit.
- Your bank is unavailable.
- The bank denied the transaction
In any case, please wait 5 to 10 minutes after a payment denial before processing a new request to make sure the website takes it into account.
- What is the status of my order?
You can review you order status at any time by logging into your account and reviewing your order history.
- How do I change or cancel my order?
Please select the subject heading "Order & Delivery" in the contact form available here and explain the change or cancelation you want to make.
- I haven’t received any confirmation or tracking e-mail. How is it so?
Depending on your e-mail provider the rOtring e-mails sometimes end up in the spam box. If you still can't find these e-mails, please contact us by clicking here. Select the "Order & Delivery" subject heading.
- What can cause my order to be delayed?
- If the billing information you provided does not match what your bank has on file (including address and telephone number), your order may be delayed.
- If you shop outside of Europe, your parcel may be retained at custom, waiting for tax payment.
- What can I do if the item I want is out of stock?
At the moment, we do not track the stock level for all of our items online. However, we aim at replenishing our stock every week. Please come back next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- How can I write a review about a product?
You can simply use the "Write a review" form that is available on every product page of the rOtring website. You will have to create an account to write a review.
- Do you ship internationally?
- What are the shipping costs?
We ship from a European based stock. Please have a look at our shipping cost table by clicking here. Also, please note that if your parcel is delivered outside of Europe, you may have to pay the Custom Tax or VAT upon receival.
- I just placed an order online. When will I get my order?
The lead time for processing an order is one day. It then usually takes 7 to 10 working days for you to receive your parcel with standard delivery. Express delivery takes 2 working days.
- Will I have to sign for my package?
If you have chosen the Express delivery transport mode, you will have to sign in exchange for your package.
If you shop from some countries outside of Europe, your package may be retained at custom and you may have to sign for your package.
- Will I have to pay extra charges upon receival?
If your parcel is delivered in some countries outside of Europe, you may have to pay the Custom Tax or VAT upon receival. These taxes depend on the country the parcel is delivered to and unfortunately we cannot provide you with an estimation for these costs.
- What are your shipping and return policies?
We offer normal and express shipping. You can return any item within 30 days of ordering online. For more information about returns, please refer to returns.
- I want to return my purchase. What do I do?
For any returns, select the subject heading "Order & delivery" and contact us directly by clicking here. You can return any item within 30 days of ordering online.
- How long does it take for me to get a refund?
It may take 4-5 business days for your return to reach the rOtring Fulfillment Centers.
Once it is received and inspected your refund will be processed and automatically transferred to your credit card. Please note that depending on your credit card company, it may take an additional 2-10 business days for the refund to appear on your bank account statement and be effective.
- I would like to return a gift that was sent to me. How do I do that?
rOtring is very sorry that your gift did not work out for you. Please select the "Order & Delivery" subject heading in the contact form available here to contact us.
- What are the shipping charges for returning an order?
We will refund your shipping charges.
About the rOtring newsletter
- How do I subscribe to the rOtring newsletter?
Simply click here and fill in the subscription form.
- What kind of news will I receive in the rOtring newsletter?
The newsletter will update you with all the latest news and offer from rOtring.com.
- How do I unsubscribe from you mailing list?
Simply go to your account and uncheck the box "Sign up for our newsletter". You can also directly unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link in all of our emails.
About our products
- Product care:
Please visit the product care page
Please visit our warranty page
- What is the difference between the rOtring mechanical pencils?
Please find the comparison table here.
- What is the difference between the Isograph and the Rapidograph technical pens?
The difference is in the refill type. The isograph must be refilled with an ink bottle, while the rapidograph uses a capillary ink cartridge.
About point of sales
- Where can I buy the rOtring products in store?
We have distributors around the world. Please have look at our store locator by clicking here to find the closest rOtring store in your area.
- I want to become a rOtring distributor. How do I do that?
Thank you for your interest! To apply, please select the subject heading "Reseller application" in our contact form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Do you offer free samples?
We do not offer any free samples.
- I have an innovation to suggest for rOtring. How can I share it?
If you wish to submit a patented creative idea, please do so by clicking here. Please note that we do not accept or consider any creative ideas, suggestions or other materials related to products, services or marketing except in compliance with the above procedure.
For further information about user generate content and ideas, please read our Terms & Conditions.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Please contact us.